Currently in development, the Asset Management Council is preparing a white paper to build a Community of Practice (CoP) for the Australian government sector...
The proposed CoP would act as a gathering point for sharing industry-related information and strategies among government entities. In practice, there will be multiple government-sector CoP groups across the country so that information can be linked and exchanged easily.
The overall goals of the program are to:
- Identify, gather and seek agreement on asset management requirements
- Provide a forum for cooperation of activities where asset management adds value to existing initiatives
- Identify opportunities for collaborating on strategic and technical projects
- Provide an informal point of contact for addressing specific benefits that affect multiple organizations
- Further develop the Asset Management Body of Knowledge
The implementation of this initiative will lead to improved asset management from government bodies, as well as a significant return on investment for their practices.
Gopi Chattopadhyay, Andrew Sneesby and Robert Sloan are leading this initiative from the Asset Management Council chapters, supported by our Project Manager, Mo Barghash. If you would like to register interest, or provide comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org