The Asset Management Council's government-sector community of practice was created in order for AM professionals in government bodies to convene, share, and grow their asset management skills and knowledge. It acts as a single meeting place for government professionals in asset management, bringing together and establishing connections that may have otherwise not been available.
Goals of the CoP
- bring together a group of like-minded professionals in government asset management
- share knowledge, experiences, and case studies in order to learn
- create strategies for implementing and improving current challenges in asset management in government departments
- help government bodies develop and enhance their asset management practice starting from the planning phase through to the retirement phase
Key meeting places of the CoP
- The Sydney, Peth, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Hobart chapters will each hold two government CoP events per year. To enquire about these events, please email the respective chapter chair.
- A national forum will allow any government professionals to convene online, whenever, whereever. To join the forum, please click (coming soon).
- For those who subscribe, a monthly newsletter will be emailed, containing all government-sector news in the asset management sphere.
Who should join
- State government officials
- Local government officials
- Managers and seniors managers of PPP organisations
- Anyone interested in government-related asset management and infrastructure
How you will benefit
With all of the in-person and online discussion and ideas that will be shared, the Asset Management Council's government-sector Community of practice will help government professionals develop their asset management skills and knowledge. The benefits of improved asset management pratices can range anywhere from improved efficiency of assets to safety for workers to improved bottoms lines.
How to Join
To join, simply click here (coming soon) and you will receive all of the following:
- Monthly CoP newsletter
- Access to the CoP forum
- Information about upcoming CoP events