An Asset Management Workshop in Gippsland was organised by the School of Science, Engineering and Information Technology’s Resources Engineering and Technology Group and supported by the Gippsland Chapter of the Asset Management Council and Engineering Network of local Engineers Australia Group on Thursday 28 June from 10.00am to 5pm.
This workshop was another of its revered Corporate Education Workshop and Seminars attended by more than 35 delegates from industry, professional bodies and FedUni and feedback received from delegates was outstanding. This was the fifth event held in the past 3 years, which has seen close to 250 delegates attend Gippsland events.
Presenters included Prof. Raghuvir Pai from Manipal University, Dr. Gopi Chattopadhyay from FedUni, Mr. Praveen Salian and Mr. Kevin Naidoo from SKF, and Mr. Sahan Kumarasinghe from Australian Paper who is doing Maintenance and Reliability Engineering Post Graduate Programme in Federation University Australia.
Gopinath Chattopadhyay, Post Graduate Program Coordinator for the Maintenance and Reliability Engineering Program and Chair of Asset Management Council, Gippsland Chapter, welcomed delegates, introduced presenters and facilitated the workshop.
Morning tutorial was – Tribology and Asset Management sessions on:
- Issues and Challenges in Asset Management,
- Standstill Corrosion,
- Premature Bearing Failure,
- Lubrications, and
- Remote Condition Monitoring Solutions.
Afternoon session was – Asset Management workshop on:
- Capability building in Asset Management,
- Issues and challenges in friction, wear and lubrication,
- Remote Condition Monitoring Solutions, and
- Risk based decision making in maintenance and inspections.
At the closing of the event, Gopinath Chattopadhyay thanked:
- The University for providing the venue and sponsoring this event along with the Asset Management Council, University staff including Annette O'Shea, Marketing and IT support team for their valuable contribution.
- All presenters along with Mr. Brendan Wilkinson, and Mr. Ian Newnham for their kind support from Local group of Engineers Australia and Engineering Network in promoting this event.
- All delegates and supporting industries for their valuable contribution.
Gopi also thanked many others who helped to make this event a great success. It was achieved through an outstanding teamwork from the University, professional bodies, industry and wider communities.
For more information on the workshop or please contact:
Dr Gopinath Chattopadhyay, Ph: 5122 6829 or email@example.com
Please enjoy below some pictures taken from the event:
Welcome address by Dr. Gopi Chattopadhyay
Tribology and maintenance session by Prof. Raghuvir Pai
Asset Management session by Dr. Gopi Chattopadhyay
Delegates from leading industries, professional bodies and University in morning session
Remote performance monitoring session by Mr. Praveen Salian
Participants enjoying a great lunch
Bearing Failure Analysis session by Mr. Kevin Naidoo
Participants deeply engrossed in technical sessions
Taking back message from workshop to workplace
Risk Based Inspection session by Mr. Sahan Kumarasinghe