Included in the announcements were the following:
- Newcastle Airport – expansion to the terminal and runway to accommodate long-range Code E aircraft and address the current limitations faced by passengers and freight operators.
- Warrego Highway – improvements to Queensland’s principal east-west freight route which will increase road safety, capacity and flood immunity.
- SA High Productivity Vehicle Access – improvements to maximise the efficiency of the South Australia regional and intrastate freight network, including greater mass limits, strengthening bridge capacities, and duplicating lanes on Dukes, Sturt and Augusta Highways.
- Burnie to Hobart freight corridor – improvements to the crucial transport link will include a range of road and rail enhancements, lane duplications and intersection upgrades.
- Great Northern Highway – improvements to address safety pavement and bridge strength and width, culvert rehabilitation, and flooding resilience2.
Join our Government Communities of Practice for all the latest knowledge, advice and networking opportunities.
Make sure you’re a member of the Asset Management Council so you can receive all the great benefits including CDP points, free access to our database of technical papers and our informative webinar series, reduced rates at our events and conferences, and much more. Learn more about membership rates by clicking here.
2 All information in bullet list sourced from: https://www.infrastructureaustralia.gov.au/listing/newsletter/new-funding-announced-infrastructure-priority-list-proposals