The Asset Management Council is seeking a practitioner in asset management to serve as its National Chair for the Women in Asset Management (WiAM) Practitioners Group. The following credentials and qualities are desired:
- Professional organisation experience, in a technical or professional society, with an understanding of organisational governance for organisation start-up capability
- Demonstrable experience in achieving results in a technical committee role at a local, division level, creating or leading programming
- Ability to work and relate with a wide range of experience and diversity levels for effective diversity exchange and policy development
- Have access to markets that the WiAM group serves
- Can collaborate with individuals having diverse needs and capabilities, work alongside them as respectable equals and promote all to be the best possible professionals
- Able to challenge the status quo effectively to achieve results, for effective policies and decision making on behalf of the WiAM, and advocate for the value of WiAM in the industry
- Committed to technical excellence, with a passion for innovation, ability to apply technical skill in new formats and in emerging technical areas to lead strong, value achieving technical programming and professional development important for industry progress.
As this is a volunteer position with no remuneration attached the incumbent needs to be able to demonstrate they have capacity to devote some time to the position beyond their daily employed position.
The Terms of Reference for the WiAM group can be downloaded here.
The position is for a two year period and reports to the AMCouncil Commissioner Chapter Chair.
Please send your application stating why you would like the volunteer role and what you would bring to the role. Also include your resume and a brief outline of how you meet the above seven credentials. Please phone Dr Anne Gibbs, CEO AMCouncil, on 03 9819 2515 for a confidential discussion if further information is required.
Please send applications via email to email@example.com by close of business Friday 13th July 2018.