There were four applications for one place on the Board and after voting, Wendy McPate was elected. Wendy is the engineering manager, asset management, in the power generation business unit for Origin Energy. More information about Wendy is below.
In addition to congratulating Wendy, the AM Council would like to thank outgoing Board member Dr Monique Beedles for her work and commitment to the role.
Wendy has over 25 years' experience across multiple sectors in both Australia and the United Kingdom; commencing her career in mining, resource, sugar, petrochemical and transitioning to the utility and energy sectors. She is a highly motivated and experienced Asset Management professional with strong leadership, management, change and communications skills gained in a range of roles with Origin Energy, Stanwell Corporation, Scottish Water and consulting organisations.
Wendy has led teams through major business events, including Asset Management initiatives in National, critical infrastructure organisations which achieved significant uplifts in Asset Management capability and maturity.
Wendy has a Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Electrical and Computer Engineering), an Associate Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Distinction) and a Graduate Certificate in Asset Management. Her Engineers Australia credentials include Engineers Australia Fellow, Engineering Executive (EngExec), Chartered Professional Engineer registered in the areas of Asset Management, Leadership and Management and Registered Engineer of Queensland BPEQ.
Relationship to the AM Council
- Volunteer since 2016
- Inaugural National Chair of the Power Generation Special Interest Group (PiAM)
- Queensland Chair of the Women in Asset Manmgnet Special Interest Group (WiAM)
- Regular contributor to the AMPEAK Conference
- AMBoK team member since 2016 contributing to projects such as the Asset Management Systems Model, Standards Mapping and the AM Council Asset Management Maturity Model
Aspirations/Vision for the AM Council
The success of the AM Council has grown from the significant contributions of the current and past Board and Management, where the AM Council is now recognised as the leading Asset Management body in Australia. My vision is to build on this legacy and the following:
- With extensive experience working within asset owning organisations, my vision is to bring balance to the Board by ensuring that AM Council continues to represent and support the needs of asset owners, as well as consultants and service providers.
- Continue to demonstrate Asset Management Leadership by applying Asset Management practice and behaviours to the AM Council and fostering a positive asset management culture.
- The future of the AM Council is dependent on the engagement and inclusion of its members. My vision is to grow and nurture our talent and diversity pipelines to the Management and Board through opportunities to participate and contribute.